WHAT REIKI CAN HELP YOU WITH
The short answer to this is - everything. Reiki helps to heal your life - across physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels…although not always in the way you might have originally expected...
Physical healing - Reiki is a complementary therapy which can be used alongside conventional treatments, activating the body's own innate self-healing capabilities, often with amazing results! For this reason it is also highly effective in aiding recovery from medical procedures.
Healing of the mind and emotions - the influx of energy during a Reiki treatment can loosen and dissolve emotional blockages held in the body and the mind. This can help you to break free from negative patterns and improve your relationship with yourself and others. Reiki is extremely relaxing, naturally relieving anxiety and stress levels.
Spiritual healing - Reiki takes us into a deep meditative state where we can awaken and connect with our higher self. It is here that we can gain clarity on life's issues and a wonderful sense of peace and love. Reiki cleanses the auric field, rebalances the chakras and ultimately, assists us in activating major positive changes in our life!
HOW I WORK
- Each Reiki treatment will start with a brief consultation, outlining the areas of your life you would like to work on.
- I will ask you to take your shoes off and lay on a treatment couch or sit in a chair. You'll remain fully clothed.
- With your permission, the treatment can be given hands on or hands off - whichever your prefer. Kindly note that a hands off treatment works just as well.
- A session will last around 50 minutes (or 80 minutes for an extended session).
- No preparation is required on your part before a Reiki treatment, however, you might like to set an intention for yourself in advance. Comfortable clothes are also advisable.
- No alcohol consumption before the session or for 24 hours after if possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A REIKI SESSION
A Reiki session is a uniquely personal experience and even your first treatment may feel very different compared to your second. Listed below are some of the main sensations you may experience:
- Warmth, cold, tingling or electrical impulses flowing through your body
- Colours, memories replayed or visions in your minds eye
- Emotional releases - you may want to cry or laugh
- A feeling of heaviness, lightness or an out of body experience
- You may drift off beyond a deep meditation into sleep